FAQ: Public Housing

Public Housing

Can I have a pet?

Yes, you can have certain pets as long as they don’t disturb your neighbors.  To learn more about our pet policy, click here.

How can I add someone to my lease?

If you would like to add someone to your lease, please contact your property manager.  They will help you get started with the process.

What are my rights as a public housing resident?

You have the right to dispute decisions about your lease agreement or housing regulations.  To learn more about Home Forward’s three-step grievance procedure, click here.

What do I do if my income drops?

If your income changes, let your property manager know immediately. The manager will calculate the change in your rent. You must notify your property manager by the 15th of the month for the change to be effective on your next month’s rent.

What should I do if I’m having problems with a neighbor?

If you are having problems with one of your neighbors, please share your concerns with your property manager to determine the appropriate next steps, and to get advice on available resources to help resolve the situation.

Where can I get common forms to make changes to my household?

Your Property Manager can give you forms and explain the process to make household changes.  Some common forms are also available at Home Forward’s Form Library. You can download a form for income changes, fill it out electronically, and then upload the completed form using Home Forward’s form library.

Where do I go with a maintenance request?

If your apartment needs a repair, contact your property manager right away.  Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality maintenance service. Our service staff will respond as soon as possible. For more information, click here.